What do the dogs need? On our list you’ll find everything from toys and food to beds and blankets. Please call Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary (616) 693-2490 Ext. 2 to donate.
You can also find these items and many more we need on our Amazon.com Wish List. To find them, go to Amazon.com and hover over “Wish Lists” in the top right corner, choose “Find a Wish List or Registry” and type in “Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary“.
You can add any of the items to a purchase you are already making or make a special purchase just for our doggies waiting for a home — either way, it ships right to the Sanctuary! Remember to include your name and address, if possible, so we can acknowledge your kindness! You can even do it from your Amazon.com mobile app!
Doggie Wish list:
- Kongs — fun for the dogs and help combat boredom. – Click Here
- Hard Rubber Toys – Click Here
- Hard Plastic Jolly Balls – large size
- Nylon Slip Leads — for safe long walks. Click Here
- Nylon Clip Leads – Click Here
- Nylon Martingale Collars — very secure for the safety of our dogs – All Sizes Needed. Click Here
- Plush Toys — nothing reduces stress and exercises like playing. (no hard plastic on these toys please – can be hazardous if dog swallows)
- Chewies and Rawhide — every dog needs something to chew on. (no Greenies please)
- Dog Biscuits, Training Treats, and Hot Dogs — a must have for teaching dogs new tricks. Small treats (or treats that can be cut up into small pieces) work best.
- Gift Certificate to Pet Supply Stores — what the dogs need when they need it.
- Spray Cheese (in a can) — helps medication go down easy.
- Smooth Peanut Butter – helps with plugging the ends when make frozen kong treats, also helps with giving medication
- Bedding: blankets, bath towels…used are fine!
- Frisbee’s — any type (plastic, rubber, plush)
Doggie Toy Wish List:
MOST needed toys:
- Buster Cubes – Click Here
- Food Puzzles – Click Here
- …and any other FUN dog toys/games that might have been missed!
There are many other fun ways to dogs active and stimulated. Please help us gather the following to continue these fun enrichment activities:
- Scent Extracts — spraying kennel walls with stimulating scent extracts, to help keep the dogs’ minds busy with fun new scents during their stay! Scents needed: Raspberry, Vanilla, Coconut, Cinnamon, Peppermint, Lavender, and Almond.
For Administration and Maintenance:
- Pre-Paid Gas Cards — help us rescue dogs in need and get them safely to Mackenzie’s. We do home adoption visits for all our dogs, meaning we do a great deal of driving.
- Paper Towels and Clorox Wipes — with as many dogs as we care for, there is bound to be a mess from time to time.
- Office Supplies — Copy Paper, Legal Pads, Pens, Pencils, Tape, Staples, Post-It Notes.
- Donated Advertising Space to get the word out about available friends.
- Large Pan and Rake Poop Scoops
- Gift Certificates — to Office Depot, Office Max, or Staples to keep the offices running.