Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Montcalm County Animal Shelter & Class B Dealers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Montcalm County is one of only four counties that still sell to Class B dealers. The current contract expires next month. The group called Concerned Citizens of Montcalm County is working to convince the commissioners not to renew. Yesterday I attended a commission meeting as there was a chance that they would vote on that issue. However, they did not but did listen to statements from county residents, including from the Concerned Citizens. The Class B dealer did not make a statement, and I did not know he was even there until he was pointed out to me. It irritated me to see him schmoozing with one of the commissioners at the end of the meeting. It also made me nervous that he might have this all "sewn up".

Mr. and Mrs. Mike Urbanski from Concerned Citizens said that the Jan. 26th meeting is "the big one". They would love to have as many people there for support as possible – the more bodies (not necessarily county residents) the better. Please spread the word and be there on Monday, January 26 at 1:00 P.M. in the commissioners room on the top floor of the old courthouse on Main St. Just follow M-66 into Stanton. Can’t miss it.

Carol

It just amazes me that it’s 2009 and this is still going on, we really haven’t come that far after all. It breaks my heart!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu