Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Puppy socialization time!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

It has been fun for me to join the staff and volunteers in helping to socialize our adorable (and ADOPTABLE!) puppies, Ollie and Mason. Of course at this age they are so cute, and so much fun – but we all know what a vital development stage they are in right now at 4 months old, so everyone is on board with doing all we can to socialize them to all the neat things in this world….. with hopes that it helps them grow to be super social, happy, friendly, well-mannered dogs for their families!

Both pups are such cuties, yet Ollie has definitely stolen my heart with her people-oriented, affectionate personality, and she gets along so well with my own Lab mix at home. :) Both she and Mason know how to ‘sit’ already, which is awesome. They are so smart! Our fiesty little Mason always keeps me laughing at his determination in those little moments of being a "stinker", getting into any trouble he can find since that is very fun for him right now. :) Just like our loveable human children in their toddler stages! I love both pups, and have high hopes for them to grow up into amazing companions for one very special family!!

We have added five new puppies to our group. They range in age from 3 months to 8 months. Our new program for puppies should help us develop well trained and socialized puppies. It is great fun to work with them and to see the smiles on volunteers faces as they do.

They are currently in our isolation area but hopefully will be cleared in a couple of weeks to come into our main facility.
    We have a couple of volunteers and staff that are working on markers, touch and some basic commands while they are back there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu