How Rescue Chocolate is giving back to the dogs at Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary:
When you place an online order type ‘Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary‘ into the ‘Gift Note’ field in the Cart before checkout. Rescue Chocolate with donate $1 for every item ordered (excluding mini bars) to Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary.
About Rescue Chocolate:
Rescue Chocolate is “the sweetest way to save a life!” From each chocolate purchased, 100% of the net profits are donated to animal rescue organizations around the country.
Sarah Gross Feoli founded the company in January 2010, and it is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. Sarah is also a co-founder of U.S. Veg Corp, which stages vegetarian food festivals in New York City, Scottsdale, and Hollywood.
The packaging of each vegan flavor of Rescue Chocolate sheds light on a different aspect of the current pet “overpopulation” epidemic. Not only are we interested in raising funds for rescues, but we want to get the word out about these oh-so-fixable issues! Current flavors include:
- Peanut Butter Pit Bull (crispy peanut butter and chocolate, countering the negative public image of the pit bull-type dogs)
- Foster-iffic Peppermint (dark chocolate with peppermint, highlighting the need for people to provide foster care for shelter animals as they await their forever homes)
- The Fix (plain 66%, highlighting the importance of spay and neuter)
- Mission Feral Fig (fig, cranberry, almond, and spices, highlighting the humane solution for feral cats, TNR)
- Forever Mocha (hazelnut praline and coffee, highlighting ways to help people make and honor a lifetime commitment to their pets)
- Bananas Foster Dogs (dried bananas and rum extract, thanking the heroes who save lives by fostering dogs and cats)
- Pick Me! Pepper (mildly spicy peppers, urging people to pick out their fur buddies at shelters rather than pet shops)
- Up & Up PBJ Pup (peanut butter praline with raspberry puree, reminding adopters to make sure that the rescue organization is legit)
CHOCOLATE IS ONLY FOR HUMANS TO ENJOY!!! (Don’t feed these chocolate bars to your dogs, cats, or other animals.)
No animals were harmed in the making of these products. Rescue Chocolate is always 100% vegan, fairly traded, and organic. Our chocolate is handcrafted in the finest Belgian tradition with top quality ingredients and no artificial preservatives.