Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary, the Mid West’s largest sheltered no-kill sanctuary, was founded by the Azzar family in August of 1999 after the passing of their beloved dog Mackenzie
Our Goal is to save dogs in need and place them in loving homes.
Our Dream is to give these dogs the love and companionship all dogs deserve and, in Mac’s name, give them a home along the way.
- to find loving homes for abused, abandoned and neglected dogs.
- to spay/neuter our rescue dogs of age to stop the cycle of unwanted litters.
- assist in public education for the betterment of our local animal community.
- keep a high standard of excellence and professionalism.
- maintain the highest standards of care for the animals, including veterinary care, housing, love, tenderness and compassion.