Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Kathy and Roo

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Today is a beautiful sunny day. So I took Roo for a walk behind the Octagon building. There are some nice paths back there. At first he was a little timid because of a couple of dogs barking at him, but after that he was very curious. We went quite a ways before turning to come back. Coming back he had a nice contented smile on his face. I think he decided walking isn’t so bad after all.

I took Roo out into the big play yard today. He has only been out there once with me, and I had him on an extra long leash. Today I shortened his leash and let him drag it. He barked at me the whole time. I guess he figured I was to far away from him and wondered why. He followed me around for a long time. Then i followed him some. When i went in to get him a hot dog he followed after me like Hey wait for me. I grabbed my camera and a hot dog & went back out with him. He was so cute. I tried to get a picture of his reflection in the pond but when I ran to get to the other side he ran after me. I don’t think he wanted me to leave him. Coming back in I had him sit before we went thru the gate. Can’t wait to take him out again.

It’s so cool to see the strong bond that Roo has developed with you! Wanting to follow you everywhere, barking for you to come back over to him…. it makes me smile to picture him letting his guard down over the past few years, nad is now attached to someone he knows who loves him :)

Roo had his first brushing the other day. He wasn’t sure he liked it but, the more I brushed the longer he stood still and didn’t walk circles around me. Of course he only wanted his left side done. Which is weird because I always pet him on his right side. Oh well, always another day with Roo.

Great work, Kathy! Roo must surely know you love him! It’s exciting to know he is continually progressing.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu