Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

ACE

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 3/28/2003
    Adoption Date – 11/18/2009

Update – Dec 8, 2009

Well, there is a triangle. Ace chases Ringo (one of the cats), Ringo bosses Tessa, and Tessa bullies Ace. Nothing serious, just amusing. The cat chase is not as intense and Ringo wanders up once in awhile and hides. Patches (the other cat) though, today is the most I have seen of her and has not ventured upstairs yet. That is not unusual when something new arrives. Ace does have a keen interest when the frig opens up. Meanwhile, Ace has no problem in trying training us. Although I am a slow leaner.

Take care,
    Jay

Update – 2/27/2010
    Ace has changed when it comes to my getting ready to leave. It mainly depends on the clothes I have on. If I have on something other than jeans, he stands over my shoes when I am trying to slip into them. If I wear my jeans, he stands off to the side. Then, when I stand up, he goes for the back door. I have been taking him for walks and he wants to go every day now. It doesn’t matter what type of weather, he wants to go. He is becoming less distracted by other dogs and the nearby store.

He and the Ringo (the cat) stare at each other through the gate. And he backs off if I say something. So the movement between them has been slowing down. Also he has been waiting until Tessa finishes before he eats. Not sure why. She is not as grumpy with him as she used to be. She knows the rules (like do not take things off the counters), So she taught him and he learns very fast! Take care!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu