Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Ava the Wonderpuppy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

In working with black lab mix Ava, it’s been exciting to see very small changes in her behavior every day. She is a puppy, and is exceptionally challenging to work with due to her incredibly high energy. It’s encouraging to see her sitting politely at the gate and being a little less jumpy when I enter her run. Today was great, because I can see that she’s right on the verge of waiting politely to be fed her afternoon meal. Ava is certainly one of the most challenging dogs I’ve come across, but it’s a challenge that really teaches me a good deal about patience.

Speaking of patience…I had to wait almost five minutes for Ava to sit today before I went into her run to poop scoop. I wasnt backing down though. Then I realized she didnt want to sit down because it was wet outside. She tried but when her little butt would touch the ground she would pop right back up. So I decided that was good enough and went in and gave her some loving.

I heard about her from Diana yesterday as she had tested her with George on Monday. Let’s just say the monitors at the test house are not working quite like they used to.
    Carol

I was bringing Ava in from the big play yard today. When somehow she got her hind leg from behind me in between my legs. To say the least I almost planted my face right into the concrete, but luckily Ava caught me on the way down, lol !! It could have diffiently been a moment on funniest home video’s for sure. She truely is "Ava the Wonderpuppy"!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu