Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Babe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 5/29/2008
    Adoption Date – 5/26/2009

Update May 26, 2009 Babe was very restless the first evening (she arrived at 4:00 p.m. Thursday). Poor girl – she probably drank 5-10 gallons of water! Bill & I took Babe & Ruckus for a walk early evening, but she was still nervous. She woke me at 1:00 a.m. and again at 3:00 a.m.

By Friday night we ALL slept well! Of course we had plenty of outdoor time during Friday, so Babe slept thru the night like a "Babe-y". During the day, Ruckus was starting to dig and Babe came to investigate. They both had their noses in the same hole for a short time – digging buddies! Friday night dinner feeding went well also. Ruckus and Babe’s dishes are about 5′ apart and there were no issues. Each day she became more & more comfortable with us. She has improved tremendously on waiting when the door is open and waiting for a release command before eating when the dinner bowl is set down.

The first morning I walked Ruckus alone, then Babe alone. By Saturday morning I was walking them together, one on each side. I think within a month I’ll have arms like Popeye’s! LOL Actually they get better every day.

Babe did not engage in play with Ruckus until Sunday night. They played chase (Babe doing most of the chasing) and tug of war with the soft Frisbee. Monday night they played hard with Babe playing the dominant role and Ruckus succumbing & rolling on his back. However, after about 15 minutes of Babe’s being a bit too bossy (mouthing him, growling, etc.) Ruckus growled at her as if to say "OK, that’s enough – I’m not taking any more". Babe listened and stopped playing.

All in all, Babe is settling in very nicely. I think by the 3rd full day she started to realize she might be "home".

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu