Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Buttercup

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 4/3/2007
    Adoption Date – 8/29/2008

9/4/2008
    Tiffany said things have been going Great!! ButterCup seems so comfortable; she said it feels like she’s been with them forever… it’s amazing! ButterCup likes both “mom & dad”, but she seems to have bonded in a stronger way with her mom…. Tiffany thinks ButterCup sees her as the authority figure and sees dad as more of a play-mate. They all went for a car-ride the first day, and ButterCup was a little shy of getting in at first, but after they coaxed her in she rode fine. The next day, she jumped right in! They took ButterCup to their lake cottage over the holiday weekend, and ButterCup was actually scared of the water with the waves that day, so she didn’t want to go near the beach. That’s ok, she and mom just went back up by the cottage and relaxed, and ButterCup enjoyed that much better. ButterCup is doing well with the kitty, but the cat is still fairly shy & unsure of having a dog around… so they’re continuing to do on-leash intros slowly each day.
    As you could guess, ButterCup LOVES her walks! Tiffany said ButterCup likes doing “brisk” power-walks for sure, not just a calm stroll in the park by any means! But Tiffany said it’s been good for keeping in shape as she keeps up with an active dog. They’ve been doing 3-4 walks each day so far! ButterCup met their nieces & nephews (ages 2 & 5), and she did great. The kids let her come to them on her own time, and after that she gave them lots of kisses & they were the best of friends! Tiffany says they love having her as part of the family, and ButterCup seems to love it there too.

9/19/2008
    It has now been about 3 weeks since Buttercup has become part of our family; yet, it feels like she has been with us forever! We are impressed every day at Buttercup’s intelligence and desire to please us. She is such a happy girl! Buttercup LOVES going for walks, almost as much as she enjoys the hugs and kisses she gets every day. She and Molly (the cat) are finally used to each other. It’s very entertaining to watch the two of them chase each other around. Buttercup has brought us so much love and joy. My mom always says that no place can be a real home without a good dog’s love. I never realized how true this is until I went over a year without a canine companion. Funny how things work out-we have given Buttercup our love as her family and in turn she too has given us the love and loyalty to make it a real home.
    – Tiffany & Marko
    P.S. Being the camera shy girl she is it took me awhile to get any decent pictures but I have attached the ones I have so far that turned out!

December 26, 2008
    Buttercup’s first xmas with us!

Hi! We thought you would enjoy hearing how Buttercup’s first Christmas with us went… I think our girl has a new favorite holiday! On Christmas eve we went and stayed over at Marko’s mom’s, and of course Buttercup came with us. She was so excited to be around all the people as well as his mom’s dog Cedar and sister’s cat Ivy. (Molly the cat got the apartment to herself for 24 hours). The dogs got along great together. Besides that Grammy was also there and she absolutely fell in love with Buttercup… We’re lucky Grammy didn’t steal her! When she wasn’t giving kisses to Ivy and Cedar or checking for dropped goodies in the kitchen BC sat with her head on Grammy’s lap just soaking up the attention the whole time. BC wasn’t even afraid of Grammy’s cane and actually got on the opposite side and walked next to her every time she got up. Buttercup would have been such a great service dog. Christmas morning BC got up with us and laid under the table at breakfast… just in case someone dropped some bacon! Between her and Cedar there was not much room for our feet! Buttercup was right in the middle of the gift distribution and went to everyone sniffing and investigating what exciting new things everyone was holding. Then of course when it was time to come home the first thing she had to do was find her sister Molly and greet her with kisses. I don’t think Molly enjoyed it too much but I’m sure she was happy to have us home!
    Well we wish you all a great New Year… and we plan on coming to the Pups n Pins event in a couple weeks!

Tiffany and Marko

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu