Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Cricket

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 5/28/2004
    Adoption Date – 6/7/2008

Update – 7/14/2009
    I’ve been meaning to drop you a note and say thanks for the card remembering Cricket’s one year anniversary with me. In case you wondered about her being able to settle in to her new home since June of 2008, I thought I would attach a photo that I thinks shows she feels pretty at home. She also manages to have a little fun too.
    Thanks again Kristi for introducing me to my best friend.
    Tim

6/13/08
    Tim said Cricket is doing really well! He took the week off to get her adjusted to her new home, and they’ve been walking quite a bit! Every morning they take a long 1hour walk together, and about ¾ of the way she is finally starting to slow down a bit as she begins to tire out! J She keeps on going though, and seems to enjoy the exercise. When they get home, she lies right down & they relax together in the air conditioning. J To get her familiar with his work schedule, he’s started leaving her alone a little bit here and there, and they’ve worked up to 4 hours alone and she’s doing just fine! The first time he left her, he started with a baby-gate to the kitchen, and when he came home he didn’t see her . . . then he found her looking at him from the other side of the gate in the living room!! That’s ok though, she didn’t have any issues, so now she’s trusted free-roam in the house. At night, Cricket sleeps right next to Tim, and she sleeps all night through. Cricket has visited with her new Bichon dog-friend “Sally” quite a few times, and they’ve gotten along great! Cricket has come across a few other dogs on walks, and overall she does well. The only time Tim has seen any little bit of aggression is if the other dog is fearful or instigates by barking/snarling at Cricket, that’s when she doesn’t walk away but just keeps on pushing her way in for a sniff! But she hasn’t really shown any issues at all. Tim is very pleased with how well Cricket has adjusted to the home already, and how well-behaved she is. He couldn’t have asked for a better companion!

6/29/2008
    We’ve made it three weeks and she has been great. She’s already been to the groomer and though she was not happy to see me leave, the groomer said she did very well. I won’t keep you, but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate all you did to make this happen. Cricket has such a sweet nature I can’t imagine how someone could have let her go. I know I won’t.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu