Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

December 18, 2008

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This is a day that I will remember forever!! Dr. Bennett came out to the Sanctuary to give Roo, Rusty and Sport their annual vaccines and exams. This was the first year that we were going to attempt this without sedating them. In years past they have not allowed us to handle them without giving them a sedative. This time around they all did great. Sport and Rusty allowed us to do everything without any type of sedation. Roo wasnt as cooperative, but he is a little more behind the others (although catching up fast!). Roo still did amazingly well compared to years past. Dr. Bennett was amazed by how far the three brothers have come in such a short amount of time.

It has been an amazing journey to see them change from dogs that are so fearful that they won’t let you anywhere near them, to dogs that are showing us they trust us. Our goal when starting them on this journey was to help improve their lives by helping them feel more comfortable in their surroundings. Everyday I see improvements in them, which keeps me looking forward to what tomorrow will bring!!

that is AWESOME!!! what amazing progress! you’re right, with the outstanding pace they’ve been progressing in, it’s exciting to see what the future holds…. it gets even better with every day. keep up the great work everyone! Roo, Rusty and Sport thank you and love you for your devotion to them :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu