Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Duncan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 6/12/2008
    Adoption Date – 8/11/2008

8/15/08
    Georgia said that she & Duncan are doing wonderfully! She and her family can’t get over just how exceptionally GOOD he is! He’s so well-mannered, he loves joining her on walks and car rides,… she said he is such a delightful boy, and they are just so happy together! The only “trouble” she has had is getting him to go the Bathroom more frequently… but she’s thinking it just might be that he’s a mature trained boy that knows how to hold it for long periods of time! She’s been taking him out frequently for breaks to get used to the routine, but he just hasn’t had to go much.
    Georgia said Duncan is incredibly smart and learns so quickly. She’s already got him trained to jump onto their bench after his walks to get his paws wiped! He’s very good about cleaning his paws, he waits so patiently & calmly. And if they’re relaxing on the couch & he jumps onto her lap, when she’s done cuddling with him all she has to say is “off” and he immediately knows to jump off. Turns out that Duncan absolutely LOVES his Crate, and of course he looks darling all curled up in it too. He goes right in on his own, and just sits & waits calmly even if the door is wide open. He never fusses or worries, he just relaxes in his crate and goes to sleep. Her son brought over his Shih Tzu dog, and they both hit if off beautifully! He’s eating really well, and he loves shredded Carrots mixed in his food.
    She said honestly everything really is going so great! Georgia couldn’t say enough of how happy she is with her new friend Duncan!

9/24/08
    The most delightful ball of white fur came to live with me on August 11th of this year, proving that wonderful gifts come in small packages. Previously I was “mom” to Mollie, an Australian Cattle Dog mix from our friends at Mackenzie’s. It was with great sorrow I had to put her down day after New Years. It was a while before I could even consider another “friend”, however after contacting Kristi she went right to work for me and that’s how Duncan entered my life.

What happiness he has brought to me. We took to each other immediately and I’ve never looked back. He is so sweet rolling over on his back to enjoy the bliss of having his tummy rubbed – any time, any place. His very favorite toy is a brown fuzzy bunny that squeeks loudly as he throws it up and about.

Duncan has not met a human person or doggie he didn’t make friends with – he’s so well behaved and has turned into my shadow – awww! His favorite pastime is walking and taking in all the delectable smells. Riding in the car is a favorite too, and crunching baby-carrots is the ultimate!

I will be forever grateful to Kristi and Mackenzie’s for introducing Duncan into my life… and he and I are in it for the long haul!
    – Georgia Keller

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu