Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

June & Buddy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

June’s Intake Date – 13/13/2006
    Buddy’s Intake Date – 4/15/2003

Adoption Date – 8/10/2007

8/22/2008
    Hi there,
    I have been carrying your wonderful anniversary card around with me for days as a reminder to call or email so finally here it is….Thank you! Thank you for making it possible to share our lives with two such unique four legged creatures! Thank you for the joy and happiness they bring to our lives! Thank you for treating them with such kindness, love and respect while they were with you!
    Buddy continues to unfold before our very eyes. His evolution is so wonderful to be a part of. It was amazing to watch him drop his guard ever so slowly and finally claim us for his own. Since that time his security with us has increased and he shows us more and more of what a loving, caring and intelligent creature he is. And he demonstrates such good humor with that imp of a dog, June! Although they are not best friends, they have certainly grown to accept and care for one another. We recently cared for our neighbors dog for two weeks and June actually shared the ball and her other toys as well as played "keep away" with her!
    I must also tell you what a wonderful friend June has been for my mom. Mom has been living with us for the last six weeks and will soon be relocating to a retirement community. As my mom is experiencing great difficulty with short term memory loss she needs to be here instead of Florida. Just picture this: June who will play ball FOREVER and my mom who cannot remember how many times she has thrown the ball!! A perfect match! Good thing they both take naps during the day!
    So that is life for us. We often reflect on our enriched lives because of Mackenzie’s and do hope your life continues to be blessed.
    As always,
    Kathryn

10/6/2008
    Hi there,
    We decided to take a drive to Sagutuck Dunes State Park–a place we frequently took Ben and Watney as they are dog friendly and have great hiking trails. Within a half mile of the lake June was very interested. She was very much at ease on the trails (Buddy was, too) and when we got to the lake….what a water dog! She immediately had a stick and was fearless following it in five or so feet–waves and all. So we tried a bit further and she would not quit! Jumping straight into the waves for the stick and body surfing on the way out! We, of course, had to control her time as we still had a mile back to the car but it was certainly evident that she was very comfortable with the environment and my suspicion is that she must be very comfortable camping, too. So maybe next year we will go early in the summer and try that.
    And of course Buddy just loved it all and took everything in except the water!
    -Kathryn

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu