Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Lace

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 5/30/2008
    Adoption Date – 1/17/2009

Lace is adapting beautifully to her first house experiences. She has already mastered the stairs and has overcome her fears of the dark hallway! When she first saw the tv, she defiantly ignored it and cuddled with Niko instead. Now she has fully accepted the strange light-up box. I can’t help but laugh when I hear the rapid squeaks of Lace’s favorite toy and when she flops onto the comfy dog bed after a good run in the backyard. My family is so delighted to welcome Lace to her new home. Thank you, Mackenzie’s, for rescuing our new family member.

1/24/09 Lace’s First Week
    Dad said that things have gone surprisingly well this first week! The first day, Lace’s young puppy mind had difficulty understanding we don’t potty in the house, but after 2 days, she seemed to get the routine down without any more accidents…. partly thanks to her older wiser doggie sister Kota. Lace is learning so much from Kota! When Kota pees outside, Lace follows suit and copies her big sister. Both dogs love to play together in the yard, running, chasing, and wrestling…. it’s so much fun to watch! Lace grabs Kota’s legs while she’s running, and then Kota does a running roll-over trick. Dad says he loves Lace’s energy, and so does Kota. He hasn’t seen Kota play like that in a while, so it really makes him smile to see her enjoying this so much. (their prior dog was older and didn’t play like this). Lace makes Kota so lively & energetic, and Lace loves having Kota as her new sister to hang out with.

When wandering in the yard, Kota will come in when called – but Lace hasn’t caught on to ‘come’ yet… she just keeps sniffing, and gets distracted with all the exciting stuff outdoors. So big sister Kota then walks out to get Lace, round her up, and bring her back in for them.  Kota has really taken strong ownership of Lace, and really looks out for her like she’s “her own” pup. When the family wakes up in the morning, Kota goes to Lace’s crate to get her, waiting patiently for Dad to let her out.

Lace has had NO accidents in her crate, and really seems to like her crate. She doesn’t whine, and she even goes in on her own when she’s tired and wants to rest. She has actually claimed the crate as her own, and lets Kota know “it’s mine, not yours.”

They started their first week of Obedience Classes and its going great. Dad said Lace is already so much more well-trained & well-behaved than the other dogs in class, which he was quite impressed with. Dad thanks Mackenzie’s for all our hard work teaching her the basics!

Lace’s favorite toy is her squeaky fish toy…. she is always so proud walking around the house, squeaking it non-stop as she prances.

Overall Dad and the kids are all so happy with their new companion Lace, and think that she is going to be an amazing fit for their family!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu