Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Lucas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Recently, I’ve spent a lot of time with a new kid–Lucas–who is not yet rated, but absolutely hysterical. Lucas is the happy-go-lucky and genuinely funny sort, but he also knows wholeheartedly how to enjoy relaxation. I spent some time with him again today, and worked on markers with him, and wouldn’t you know it–he made me laugh so hard that I just about fell out of the chair. He responded really well to YES, but everytime I used the nonreward marker NOPE, he looked and me, wiggled over onto his hip, and fell over on to his back, belly up–four times in a row. It was almost as though he gave up trying to get the treat and swooned into a melodramatic faint.

Lucas is a bouncy fellow who is ready to play and always greets people with a charming smile. When I go into his run for morning cleaning, he runs to and grabs the nearest toy at hand. He brims with enthusiasm at lunch time–he sees his bowl and hops up and down with a silly grin. And yet, this same guy likes nothing better than to spend reading or TLC time pressed up against your leg and getting his belly rubbed, occaisionally glancing up at you with his soulful brown eyes reflecting his utter contentment.

I love how Lucas manages to have such a bright attitude all of the time, and at the same time, he really connects with people, in spite of the fact that life in a kennel can be very stressful sometimes.

Lucas makes me smile everytime I walk pass his run. He just stands right at his gate with the biggest smile. You just cant help but to smile.

We love all of our dogs here and are touched in many ways. This handsome fellow stole my heart when we Safer tested him in the shelter for possible intake at MAS. Since that time he has really made me love him even more. He is gentle, kind and funny. He is someone you can cuddle with while you read and picks things up quickly. We plan on Safer testing him next week for his volunteer status; which is something we repeat after they come out of Isolation and their health is up to par. He does remind me of another canine friend here that passed away. Some lucky family can make him their next addition.

His friendly, happy-go-lucky personality reminds me of Harmon…. which, funny how Lucas is in Harmon’s old run. :) I have a feeling he’ll be as highly adoptable as Harmon, as he seems to have an excellent temperament so far. His future family will be so grateful to have found him. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu