Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Marley

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 3/26/2008
    Adoption Date – 6/27/2008

Updates From Home

7/3/2008
    Marley’s 1st Week at HOME – Maureen said things were going very well!! When I called, she said Marley was sitting right at her feet in her office (at a school), chewing on a bone. She said he’s been fantastic, and has really started to come out of his shell the last few days as he’s gotten used the new home. They’ve had NO trouble with the crate, or with potty training. He has been fine with the crate routine, he seems to enjoy the consistent “safe place” to go to at bedtime. He met her neighbor boy Ben (a 1 ½ yr old kid), and Marley lit right up when he saw Ben! She said Marley and Ben are hilarious together. They follow each other around the house, and seem to get along great together.
    Marley & Maureen have been on lots of walks so far, and have even done some swimming. They have also shared some great walk experiences with her friend’s dog “Oliver”, and even had Oliver over for dinner, and the two dogs respected each other’s space very well.
    Maureen has already talked with trainer Scott (actually Sable’s dad!) about socializing Marley to overcome any fears he might have. Tonight her college-age sons will be coming home to meet Marley for the first time, so Maureen is excited! She said Marley is just so loveable, so affectionate, even her Vet loved him! She just loves having him; he is so sweet, and so personable!

7/21/2008
    Marley and I had a wonderful first camping trip. We went with Ellie and Carol, and Ellie and Marley played all day, every day, swimming and chasing sticks and wrestling with each other. It was great fun to watch. Marley did fine in the canoe, but swamped me in the kayak…we will keep practicing that one! Tubing the river was also quite humorous, as Marley pulled me zigzagging shore to shore until I got smart and put him in my lap. After that he did beautifully, and looked rather regal on his perch atop the tube! All in all, Marley is doing quite well, settling in my household. I am positively smitten, and so thrilled to have such a great new friend. He is also doing beautifully with little Ben, my 20 month old neighbor. Thank you so much for all of your help acclimating me to my new best bud. The work that you do is so important, and you all seem so committed…it really pays off too. The animals are well respected and loved. Our bonding has gone smoothly because of all of your work. So thank you.

12-6-08
    I spoke to Marley’s mom on the phone today, and she said he has been such a blessing to their lives. The tiny little Marley we all knew has grown so much already, he’s really filled out and is even taller now with broader shoulders,…. he’s such a “handsome boy” she said. He’s still as happy-go-lucky as always, and loves having play-dates with all his doggie friends. Marley’s mom said he’s so funny, his favorite game is stealing socks and then begging mom to chase him around the house to catch him! They’re getting ready to do the Christmas Tree, and she’s preparing to put the ornaments a few feet up on the tree above Marley’s curious reach.  Overall Maureen said she couldn’t be any happier with her sweetheart Marley!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu