Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Mason

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 4/6/2009
    Adoption Date – 6/18/2009

Dear Friends at Mackenzie’s,

It’s Mason, remember me? I’m growing so fast; I’m already six months old! Boy has summer gone by fast. We’re finally in our new house and I’ve adjusted quite well. My backyard is really cool. Along with a ton of rabbit treats, I’ve found lots of treasure left behind by the dog before me. My favorite is a ball that squeaks – it is far cooler than my Kong toy. In fact, the day I found it I played for 45 minutes and then when Mom wanted to take me for a walk all I could do was lie down and sleep!
    Mom and I go on walks each morning and she tells me that my walking skills have improved greatly! We always seem to walk by this farm that’s down the road and I’ve found out that I am really scared of pigs! Mon tells me the big piggy’s are my friends, but I know she’s wrong so I pull as hard as I can to get as far away from them as possible and then I lay down. Sometimes Mom has to carry me past them, but lately she’s been distracting me with a treat and I can walk by them cautiously. These past few days I’ll have to admit, I’ve been feeling pretty lazy and haven’t been wanting to go on my walks. So when we’re about three houses away I take my leash in my mouth and I tug in the opposite direction. Yesterday Mom thought she’d see where I wanted to go and I led her right back home! Sneaky, huh?
    Last week Mom had a very long day at work so she thought it would be best to take me to Day Care; that was probable the best decision she’s made! There were lots of friends that I got to play with and in fact, I played so hard all day that as soon as it was time for me to leave I jumped in the car and passed out. Dad tells me that Diesel is going to be coming over to stay for a few weeks next month. I’m really excited; I’ve played with him on three different occasions and we get along famously! The both of us get a little sad when it’s time to go our separate ways.
    My new neighborhood is pretty nice. My human neighbor really likes me. He saw me out walking one day and stopped us so he could meet me; he is very good at belly rubs. There is a pair of English Setters close by and I know we’d be best friends if only there weren’t a big fence in the way. We sniff each other through the fence and then I run back and forth and then we did it all over again. It never gets old!

Hope you all are well!

Sincerely,
    Mason

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu