Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Mufasa

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 4/6/2009
    Adoption Date – 10/22/2009

Update – 11/27/2009 – We made the decision to add to our family and began looking for another dog. I spent quite a lot of time thinking about what we wanted in a dog (a runner, not a puppy, medium sized and hopefully house-trained). I had been on petfinder.com a number of times, but had noticed a very cool dog that was registered at Mackenzie’s. It was not a familiar place to me, but upon further investigation, I was impressed. We both loved the idea of rescuing a dog from a “no Kill” shelter – so I emailed MAS. I had no ideas that the process was going to be so involved and thorough, however, it showed me how much MAS cares about each dog. Upon our first visit, we were immediately impressed with the facility, both how vast the property was as well as how clean everything was kept! Tommie had been so very “thorough” in questioning me on the phone, she was eager to show us a number of dogs. We fell in love with two and came back for a second visit with our Beagle “Scooter”. It was that visit that led us to choose Mufasa. He has been a fantastic addition to our family and I know it’s because the staff and volunteers at MAS took the time to evaluate, work, and train him well. Mufasa learns commands easily and has adapted to his new forever home with us beautifully!
    Kudos to Mackenzie’s for having highly qualified and sensitive staff who love and rehabilitate “discarded dogs”. Their study of dog behavior and training is fantastic, and their love of all the dogs is admirable. We’ve learned a lot about dogs through this process and would recommend MAS to anyone. Just be open-minded to any dogs- you might just get a great companion- you never thought you’d have. WE DID! Thanks, MAS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu