Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Princess

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

i am actually fostering her, but it’s almost the same thing. :) i have three other dogs – one female and two males. the female, sandy, was a little protective of her space and of me at first, but now seems to be adjusting well. she has even tried to play with princess several times. princess is picky about what she eats, but i’ve found she really likes hamburger. she’s also very stubborn about taking her pills. however, i don’t think i could have found a better dog to fit in with my family. she’s very low key and gets along with everyone. i’m very happy with my new addition. :)

I’m so very happy that Princess has you and your furry kids in her life right now. She couldn’t have asked for a better foster Mom then you. Keep up the great work!

she’s gotten pretty comfortable at my house. she loves to sleep on the bed when i’m at work and she also really likes an overstuffed chair that i have in the livingroom. she gets so excited when i come home. she barks, runs around the yard and jumps up on her hind legs like a horse rearing up.

princess has a condition that makes it hard for her to gain weight. the vets tried to find out what was causing it, but were unable. last month she weighed 59 lbs and this month she weighs 62 lbs.! way to go princess! :)

yesterday after i fed all my kids dinner i let them out to go potty. i looked out the window just in time to see princess and luke chasing each other around my lilac bushes. so cute! then luke took off running towards the house with princess running after him. it’s so great to see her having so much fun.

last week, the 11th, was princess’s birthday. she turned 12 years old. happy birthday, sweetie!

I can’t believe she’s 12, time flies. Did you bake her a carrot cake?:) I also wnated to tell you the picture you put up on facebook of her and the other kids are just adorable. Princess looks so happy and content. Keep up the great work with her.

she wouldn’t have eaten the carrot cake. it would have to be a turkey or chicken cake. :) she’s actually starting to protect her food from the cats, too. she used to walk away if they came over to her, but now she growls at them. i was very proud of her for not letting them take advantage of her.

I haven’t been able to tell you but when Princess was in the other day, Alaree brought her up to the office for us to see. She LOOKS AMAZING! I have never ever seen her look so good and with so much weight on her. You should be very proud of how great a foster Mom you are. Keep up the GREAT work!

princess had a vet appointment last week. she now weighs 64 lbs.!! :)

woo-hoo princess!!! she looks amazing!! she looks very happy :)

i’ve been taking everyone for walks on fridays and saturdays. as long as it’s not muddy, we go back to the woods behind my house. i take the boys first, then the girls. princess gets so excited. she loves to sniff everything! she also has a habit of starting out the walk on one side, then slowing down, going behind me and then coming up on the other side. i am constantly having to switch which hand i have her leash in. she just likes messing with me. :)

we had our first t-storm together last weekend. princess was fine with all the low rumbling, but then there was a loud crack. that got her pacing and panting. she also kept pawing at her beds. she got up on my bed (sandy wasn’t too happy with that) at one point, but didn’t stay long. she calmed down later that night after the storm passed. overall, she took it pretty well.

princess and i went to visit tommie, bill and their two dogs, gus and kane. princess was nervous of gus and kane at first and kept walking away from them when they approached to sniff. she later warmed up some and was comfortable walking around with them. gus attempted to play, but princess wasn’t interested. she went right up to tommie for attention and pawed at her when she stopped petting. :) we were in the backyard when princess suddenly gave a warning bark. bill had returned home and none of us heard him come out onto the deck. he then came down the steps and princess went right up to him for petting. princess seemed to have a great time sniffing new surroundings and meeting new people. :)

We met Sarah and family at Riverside Park this weekend. It was a beautiful day! Princess was a little shy, but seemed to remember Sarah. Princess loved taking a walk and wading in a pond. Every time we passed another person, she would pull towards them, as if she wanted to go say, ‘hi’. At one point there was a squirrel that got her attention by standing about a foot from her face. She was very interested to going over to sniff it (she didn’t seem to want to hurt it), so I slowly let her walk forward. The squirrel then ran behind a tree. Everytime Princess would look around one side of the tree, the squirrel would peak out from the opposite side. It was very cute! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu