Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Rocky Reading

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I had the pleasure of reading to Rocky a few weeks ago. He’s such a handsome fellow! And, oh my, what big paws you have! Although he recognized the educational value of the book, he seemed to be more interested in his ball. He lay on his bed chomping on the ball. Then the ball would fall to the floor and of course roll out of reach. He slowly got up, retrieved the ball, took it back to his bed and performed jaw exercises with the ball. This repeated about 5 times. At one point, he rolled on his back & played with the ball using his front paws. I still think he was "listening" to my reading as he was playing. He looked at me as if to say, "I can multitask – keep reading".

He is a very silly boy!! One of my favorite things to watch him do it play with his milk crate in the play yard. He throws it all around and has such an amazingly fun time with it. To make things even better it is such an inexpensive toy that he cant eat. That makes it even better!! He gets so much exercise out there with his milk crate, unlike when he goes for a walk and wants to lay down every 10 feet of so. Again, what a silly boy!!

I love my big Rocket Man. I had a little break through with him a little while back while he was getting a bath. I feed him several times a week and clean his pen but nothing connected us like this one bath. While he was getting a bath Jenna muzzled him because he is a little sensitive in some areas. At one point he Jenna was rubbing his hindquarters and he started to low growl so Jenna stopped. I started to rub his hindquarters and he was fine with it. Then while Jenna was rinsing him he snuggled his big head right on my chest and licked my hand. Jenna informed that he did very good this bath and seemed to be calmer for me than for anyone else that has helped bathe him. I had no idea how he really felt about me until then, now we’re best of buddies.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu