Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

silly elroy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

elroy is a rottweiler that MAS rescued after hurricane katrina. he’s a very dominant boy. i was walking him along the road next to a big play yard that we put dogs into to hang out on their own. another katrina dog, tom sawyer, was in the yard at that time. elroy and i stopped at a very popular rock that all of our dogs love to mark. after marking it for the third time, he was facing tom (he had come up to the fence to watch us) and then started digging and scruffing the ground like many dogs do after marking. elroy was intently staring at tom and as he was digging, he let out a deep, gurggling growl. i found it very comical to watch him tell tom what a big, tough dog he was. :)

Gotta love those big, ferocious (LOL) Rotties!

hey someone’s gotta be the ‘big man on campus’…. full of confidence and proudly struttin their stuff…. looks like Elroy thinks he’s ‘da man :) Gotta love him!! I’m glad he can just be himself here and we can accept him for who he is. :)

He is may baby. He is a very interesting fellow. I spend much time with him. I will go into his run and he will take a very submissive posture. He enjoys a belly rub but then occassionally will jump up and give a muzzle punch.

Steph has spent a goodly amount of time reading to him or walking him; when someone else would get a lead on him. Each time she would walk up to his gate he would spin, lunge and show a dominant and aggressive side. After spending almost a year we decided she should use the gate as a shield and take the plunge. He has been fine this week with her going into the run and putting a lead on him.

He has a domiant aggressive side to him but also a submissive side. If he can he will bluff you but is selective in who he wants to spend time with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu