Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Smiley

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 9/21/2005
    Adoption Date – 7/3/2008

Updates From Home

7/7/2008
    Just a quick note to let you both know that Smiley is doing very, very well. You can tell that he is not yet comfortable but I remember when we first got Brandy; it was a good 1-2 weeks before she realized that it was her new home. Smiley and his new brothers and sister are also doing well together. If the cats run, he will chase them. If they have their back to him, he will walk up to them and sniff them, but as soon as they turn their head to look at him, he backs right off. He has full run of the house, except at night, when we block him into the living room so he only has access to that and the computer room. Livvie sleeps in the living room, so he wakes her if he needs anything. He loves his walks. . . I took the puppy out of him yesterday by walking a little over a mile. When we got back, he took a nice long nap. He does really well walking along the paved road, but when we walked down the dirt road, he was all over. I am so glad that I bought the retractable leash for that. He saw his first deer Saturday and was very intrigued. He also does not like fireworks! The poor guy! Our neighbors were setting them off and he was very scared, but we gave him lots of love and assurance and he survived.
    I am so glad that Smiley joined our family! I love having a dog around again and he is just so adorable! I love it when he wag’s his tail, which he does quite frequently. I think that he is very happy and he is adjusting very well to life outside Mackenzie’s.

7/12/2008
    Tylene said things are going REALLY WELL! Smiley and his two brother kitties actually get along great now. They still play a game of “chase” here and there, but it’s just all play. Smiley likes his new Kuranda Bed they ordered for him. He’s kind of picky about his food… he doesn’t like broccoli, tater tots, and he’s not interested in “Pup-corn”, but he loves his meaty treats and loves when mom mixes a little can food in his dry food bowl. Smiley only had one potty accident, and that was only because it was raining outside and he didn’t like standing out in the rain! He really enjoys his 1 mile walks, especially when he can sniff the ground and follow the deer scents. Smiley did great at the Vet, and the Vet even wonders if he might be a little younger (maybe like 7 yrs old?) because of how great his eyes look. He has one tooth that will need to be pulled, but no rush, so they will wait till October which gives him a few more months before he goes under for sedation again. Tylene said they are just so pleased with the way he has adjusted in the family so well,… it’s like he’s always been there. She said he is their pride and joy. They love him!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu