Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Tess

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 9/17/2008
    Adoption Date – 12/5/2008

12/06/2008
    Tess had a great day and is doing extremely well making the transition to a new home and having a pug sister. I kept her on her lead all day and walked from room to room with her. I don’t want her having the run of the house. We have had no potty accidents! Yay! She is responding well to going outside and chased her first squirrel today. Tess slept great in her crate and didn’t fuss at all. My son hooked up the Canine Lullablies on his ipod and put it next to her crate. My husband got her up at 6:30 and took her for a walk. Snow blowers are a bit scary to her, but she will get used to all of these new sounds. Tess and Mugzie are getting along fine. I wouldn’t say they are playing yet, but they are accepting each other. There was one little fracus when Mugzie sniffed Tess’ food dish. I am gojng to pick up both food dishes if they haven’t finished. (They eat in separate rooms.) Tess has her quiet time room (laundry room) and she seems to like that. So far so good!

12/12/08
    Sue said that Tess had a really great first week! No potty accidents, she sleeps calmly in her crate without a peep all through the night, she does great when left alone in her ‘safe’ area (gated room), and is just SO well-behaved. Sue said she couldn’t be more pleased with Tess’ temperament, she is such a sweet tenderhearted girl that wants to please. Tess loves running around in the back yard, especially chasing the squirrels up the trees!! Sue said that girl can run so FAST, it’s quite a sight to see her speed around the yard. Tess and their dog Mugzie have overall done really well this week. They only had one little scuffle over a toy, but they worked it out and now seem to have established their boundaries and are doing great. That same night Tess and Mugzie were already play-bowing and chasing each other around the house again. Tess has been glued to Sue’s side at home. She is so affectionate and loving to everyone in the family. Sue said they couldn’t have asked for a better girl than Tess to join their family

I’m so happy for Tess!! Tess really stole Sue’s heart when she first met her as a Volunteer, and Tess was drawn immediately to Sue’s gentle loving ways with her. It’s like Tess could sense that Sue not only loves all dogs, but especially had a huge heart for tenderhearted Herding-breed dogs like Tess. What a happy ending / new beginning for Tess and her family!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu