Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Zyah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 3/16/2008
    Adoption Date – 9/13/2008

9/19/08
    Susan said they have had so much FUN this week with Zyah!! She raves that Zyah is just the sweetest dog ever, so adorable and such a lover. Granted she does have her quirks…. like she has started a habit of stealing things this week – she steals socks and slippers, but doesn’t chew them, she just likes to bring them to her mom, her tail wagging all excitedly, & then tries top lay the “chase me!” game of course.  Susan said Zyah’s just so cute that it’s hard to be mad at her. 
    Zyah is perfect in the crate at night, they never hear a peep out of her. In the morning, she gets out of her crate & starts her day with Dad, and then when he goes to work Zyah gets to crawl into bed with Mom for a few hours . . . works out well because Zyah loves to cuddle and so does Mom!
    The whole family loves her – Dad is totally smitten with Zyah, and all 3 kids (college-age) are absolutely in love with her too.
    Zyah went to the Dog Park this week, and Susan said it was such a riot! Zyah had the best time, she did so great with every single dog she met there, enjoying lots of wrestling and running all around having a good ol’ time.
    She’s eating well, and they always have her ‘SIT’ before she eats as part of their Leadership routine (“nothing in life is free!”). Zyah’s even getting better about not jumping up on people that visit, so they’re making some progress there too.
    And Zyah just LOVES to watch out their windows at all the birds and happenings in the neighborhood, she even nudges the blinds open with her nose if they’re not opened up yet…. Susan loves it, she thinks everything about Zyah is absolutely adorable!! They are so happy to have Zyah as part of their home!

October 10, 2008
    I’m going to write up something soon for MAS about our first few weeks with Ellie and send you some new pictures and such. I’m so glad you like her new name – it took us a long time to settle on that – we also call her Ellie Mae.
    Ellie is the sweetest dog and a wonderful companion. She goes in her crate at night without a peep. Every week day morning, Mike gets up very early for work and he feeds her, lets her out and THEN she gets to come in bed with me. She always goes back to sleep right away and does not get up until I do! So far her favorite toys are tennis balls, her frisbee, and her rope toy (has a rubber thingie on it). The wubba from MAS has seen better days so finally I had to dig the ball out of it and that is her FAVORITE ball.
    We have been to the dog park 5 or 6 times and she just loves it. She gets along with all the dogs even when they hump her (and lots do – Ellie is definitely the friendly type). Ellie comes when she’s called, she now sits and waits until I put the food bowl down and say OK before she eats. She LOVES all my kids and will lay down outside their doors until they get up.
    Evening is definitely her crazy time and she can be quite naughty sometimes! When we’re not paying enough attention to her, she will grab slippers, shoes, kleenex, pretty much anything she isn’t supposed to have for a rousing game of chase me. She hasn’t chewed up anything of consequence except for a few dryer sheets.
    Her worst problem is still being SO excited when people come over. There is still jumping up (it has gotten a LITTLE better) and much excitement. Fortunately everyone who comes over is willing to turn and wait until she settles down and sits to greet her.
    Mike is totally in love with Ellie. If I get home late and he has gone to bed, Ellie is curled up in bed with him… ALWAYS. He just can’t bear to put her in her crate so I guess I am the disciplinarian. Obedience training starts on Nov 1 and I am sure that Ellie will do very well with it! They also have an advanced class which she will be taking after she finishes the basics.
    She has definitely mastered "Shake" and does it automatically now. We’re working on roll over but so far she’s only done it once and I think it was an accident… HA!
    I’m on my laptop in bed and Ellie is sprawled out next to me. She is so adorable and we are so happy to have her!
    Susan :-)

Picture from home…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu